I wanted to give you all a heads-up on something I’m participating in in October.
I will be a featured presenter in the From the Ground Up Conference in Zanesville from October 10-12, 2014. The conference is presented by Zanesville Ohio Ceramic Arts (ZOCA), the Muskingum County Community Foundation(MCCF), and the Artist Colony of Zanesville (ART COZ). My presentation will focus on surface decoration, such as underglaze, matte, and specialty glazes, and I will also touch on some of the hand building techniques that I use when making sculptural pieces, including my miniature clay books and clay pencils. Other presenters include John Balistreri, Ken McCollum, Tom Radca, Jeremy Randall, and Gail Russell.
If this conference sounds like it would appeal to any of you, there are still spots available! The conference is open to artists of all skill levels from amateur to master. All that is required is an openness to learning and connecting with other ceramic artists!
The Conference occurs in conjunction with the Zanesville Prize for Contemporary Ceramics, now taking entries. I’m sending in pieces for the clay competition, though acceptance notifications don’t come out till August.
Visit their website (zanesvilleprize.org) for more information and stay tuned as the event gets closer!
- June 30, 2014: Deadline for Early Bird conference registration (save $100 and be entered into a drawing to win a free three night stay at the Inn at Dresden during the conference)
- July 15, 2014: Deadline for submission of work for the juried show
- July 31, 2014: Deadline for regular conference registration (save $50)
- Sept. 27 – Oct. 12, 2014: Exhibition dates
- Oct. 10, 2014: Deadline for late conference registration
- Oct. 10-12, 2014: From the Ground Up Conference dates